Smoothfoam + Robin's Nest Blog Hop


Hi there... sharing with you some Christmas ornaments  I made yesterday , alternately with packing destash bags for fund raising for my beloved country, Philippines. I am sure by this time you already have heard about the tragedy. The strongest typhoon ever recorded hit our land. Thousands died. I can't go on. Thinking about it makes me want to wail and be hopeless.. but I wont. That's the last thing a Filipino like me must do. If you want to help me in my humble relief campaign, I am accepting scrapbooking stash donations.. I will then repack it and sell. Money will be sent to a trusted agency or volunteer groups. All details of this campaign are posted in my facebook page. If you are interested to help me, please send me a private message HERE.


I made these ornaments by covering these  foam shapes from Smoothfoam, with my patterned paper stash. I first traced with a pencil, cut... and paste.


Then covered the whole thing with white glue and added glitter. 


Here are the rest of the ornaments...  I embellished it with dew drops, buttons, ribbons. 






This is a blog hop by the way. There are exciting prizes to be won so make sure you visit The Robin's Nest for the complete list of the blogs participating. Peace and Love everyone. Thank you for dropping by.  XO, Gen 

Supplies: 
foam Shapes - Smoothfoam
dewdrops - Robin's Nest 
patterned papers 
buttons
ribbons 
glitter - American Crafts

20 comments:

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Gen!! I will always help you!! Just let me know what you need :) great ornaments too :)

Beth said...

Love how the glitter mutes the patterns on the papers and makes everything look edible - YUMMY!

Cely said...

so cute, the ornaments look like they are dusted in sugar!

Sherri P said...

these are so fun. I need to make some!

Terri Sproul said...

Love the soft look you got

lindaplus3 said...

Absolutely adorable.... they are sooooo pretty :)

Bev said...

fabulous soft and pastel touch... great white dusting.. perfect

Robin O'Crowley said...

I love your pastel colors! So cute

Barbara Bruder said...

Your ornaments are so pretty in the soft colors. They kind of remind me of cookies.

Julie McGuffee said...

These are really sweet projects. I love the frosted, sugar plum look!

Robin Horasanian said...

The glitter makes them look like sugar cookies. Adorable!

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

I thought the glitter made everything look like wonderful holiday cookies - but after reading all the comments above, I see I'm not the only one! LOL
Really cute ideas!

Anita Braddock said...

Awesome Ornaments love the pastel colors and the added glitz. thanks for sharing.

Barbara Moore said...

Very awesome ornaments! I love them!

Barbara Rankin said...

I agree with everyone that your ornaments look like they are sugar coated. I like that look very much.

Carmen said...

These are so charming! Love how you still can see the paper under the glitter!

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

So pretty! Reminds me of the nutcracker- sugar plum fairies!

Michelle lovesallsorts said...

So cute!

Lastochka said...

It is so sweet!!! yum!

Lyneen said...

Oh my gosh, these are so cute. They remind me of sugar crystal candies. I love them!

AddThis